Sunday, July 27, 2008

Busy Weekend

~7-27-08~


Well, we did indeed have a busy weekend. Yesterday (Saturday) we went over to the Lincoln County Fair for a little while. I wasn't overly impressed myself. There were hardly any booths this year...it was mostly all food that I couldn't eat because no one has discovered how to cook without the use of a big vat of grease. Chloe had a little bit of fun I think, although we got there too early for the carnival so she couldn't go on any rides.
Afterward we headed over to my mom's for the usual Saturday night dinner where we had biscuits and gravy and wondered what happened to the baby kitties that my mom has sort of "adopted." Betty and Patrick were able to come, although they had decided to make it an every-other-weekend thing. So Chloe and Aidan got to have some play time. I spent quite a bit of time being Aidan's personal servant because I'm unable to tell a kid that cute no.
Today we went back to Shoshone for cowboy church at the fairgrounds headed by Lewis and Samantha. Quite a big turnout compared to the size of the congregation at the Harvest Community Church (that we're going to miss terribly). It was nice getting to talk with the two of them, however briefly the visit was.
After the service, the Oasis Church north of Shoshone gave away free food so I cheated and had a burger (shhhh, don't tell anyone).
Then, we went to the Swimming Pool and splashed around for a couple hours. Chloe has become quite adept at getting her head under water, which she demonstrated every 5 minutes or so. She thinks that dunking her head means that she's swimming. She kept telling me she was going to swim over to me, so she'd get under water, come back up and wonder why she hadn't gotten any closer to me. Oh well, she's slowly getting more comfortable with water, so hopefully Brian can really begin teaching her to swim soon.
Anyway, that's our busy weekend. This week my dad is planning on visiting, so it looks like a somewhat busy week ahead. Bring it on!

1 comment:

Visitors