But I'm going to make some anyway. Even better than that, I'm going to compare last year's resolutions to reality and see how I did with keeping them. Here we go:
1.) Lose 20 pounds...at least.--This just didn't happen. I tried for awhile, but didn't get many results...so I gave up and felt sorry for myself the rest of the year. Then, around Thanksgiving, I gained 5 pounds. However because I've been watching "The Biggest Loser" and find it extremely motivational...I put it into high gear in December, working out every day and trying my hardest to eat better. And so far I've lost 8 pounds! Yay!
2.) Finish both my novels.-- Nope, this didn't happen either. My novel, "Waiting for Melanie," I've pretty much given up on and most likely will never finish. My other novel, "Desert Lilly," may get finished one of these days. I've put it into the review forum on Writing.com, which is great because other people get to read it and help me edit it...so maybe one of these days it will reach completion.
3.) Spend more time reading the Bible.--I'm not sure on this one because I don't remember how much time I spent reading the Bible last year. I try very hard to read every day. Usually right after breakfast before I work out. I've made it almost through the NCV Bible and will soon be switching to the NIV. I'm pretty sure this is one resolution I've actually accomplished. Yay!
4.) Clean house more often.--I think there's a chance I might have accomplished this one too...mainly because I think we've had more house guests this year and I've had reason to clean. Otherwise, I'm one of those "just clean enough to be healthy" kind of house keepers.
5.) Try out a new recipe once in awhile.--Yep, I did this too...although not very much. I've recently been trying low fat recipes, such as the macaroni and cheese and potato soup recipes from the Susan Powter cookbook. I also tried a couple of new desert recipes this year.
6.) Start my Christmas knitting a little earlier...say, around February??--Nope, didn't happen. I actually got all caught up in my etsy store and didn't get much Christmas knitting done at all until September-ish. It worked out well though, because I was able to buy more of my gifts this year thanks to my etsy sales.
7.) Work on my bad temper...and frequent grumpiness.--Hmmm, I think the Lord is still working with me on this one. I think it's improved...but it's a work in progress.
Well it looks like I didn't do so well. This is why most people don't make resolutions, but for some reason I just keep on making them. So here's this year's.
1.) Get down to 130 pounds.
2.) Spend more time reading the Bible and in prayer.
3.) Learn a new craft.
4.) Die to myself daily.
5.) Knit or crochet more items for charity.
That's it for this year...Let's see how I do!
Happy New Year's Everyone!
1 comment:
Good job Jennifer! I have been pondering what I want for my Resolutions as well. I like the hats you crocheted for your mom. That would be a great thing to do for charity! And it looks like you had a great Christmas.
Post a Comment