Friday, June 13, 2008

Outlaw Days

~6-13-08~

Well, Outlaw Days are here again...which, if you don't know, means an entire town will come together and drink as much beer as they can hold. But for me it means I'll get to see a lot of people I haven't seen in years and I'll get to laugh at the drunks...sounds fun to me.

My mom and I are going to go to the dance tonight. I probably won't stay out for too long because I don't like going out without my husband. He'll be home with out daughter, and he doesn't have as much fun as I do because he's not from Richfield, so he doesn't know that many people. Tomorrow night Brian and I will be going to the street dance though...that should be fun.

So what is this Outlaw Days thing all about? Well it started in the 50's when the town of Richfield wanted a swimming pool so they started the Outlaw Days celebration as a fund raiser for the pool...well, our town still doesn't have a swimming pool, but we still celebrate anyway.

I'll have to take some pictures of the parade tomorrow and post them. Anyway, goodbye for now. God bless!!

No comments:

Visitors